HEAT - Nairobi
Time & Location
About the Event
SEPAR International delivers training that is designed to ‘Do no harm’. Do no harm is the guiding process of not traumatising participants and setting the conditions where stress is not excessive. Gender, race and cultural aspects are respected and integrated into the syllabus of the course.
SEPAR offers the following four-day course that presents a mixture of discussions, lectures and practical activities.
Training is very ‘hands-on’ with all instruction practically tested. The course encourages participants to debate any issues or questions within an environment of inclusiveness.
Participants will receive a SEPAR International certificate that is valid for 3 years. Our USP is that we offer a holistic approach to our training that integrates psycho-social care, digital security, gender, physical security and trauma medical training.
Training in Hereford delivers a contextualised environment that adds to the training value. We also have guest specialists in;
- Psycho-social care
- Abduction and trauma medical training
Our UK Course includes;
- All course materials
- HEAT Handbook
- CPD Accredited Certificate
- Break out refreshments / Lunch
- Secure Wifi access
- 3 nights accomodation at Brinsop Court, Hereford
If you have any special requests such as disabled access, visual / hearing, dietary requirements or any other needs to make the course more accessible for you please inform us at the time of booking so that we can ensure this is arranged.
SEPAR International Corona Virus HEAT and Training Safety Precautions
The aim of this document is to help keep participants safe from COVID-19 during HEAT and trainings.
At our training locations there will be a number of measures such as:
- Daily temperature gun test
- Perimeter and guard staff wear full face masks
- Gloves enforced with interpersonal activities
- Face-masks enforced during interpersonal activities
- 75% Alcohol hand sanitiser
- Disposable paper towels for drying
- Training will be done at 2 metre spacing
- During periods of having tea, refreshments and lunch course participants will be spaced at 2 metre intervals
- Emotional support during course
Participants for training will need to prove and have the following:
- Proof of COVID19 PCR test within 96 hours or 14 day isolation
- N95 mask to be worn
- Gloves during interpersonal interaction (consider transfer of infection)
- Daily change of clothes (travel and training clothes with plastic sack / bag for storage)
Additional considerations during training and in non-training time:
- COVID19 symptoms to be declared
- Wash hands regularly with soap and water (20 second process)
- Most at risk – Older, underlining health conditions + pregnant
- Identifying areas of risk – crowds, hospitals, airports
- Many countries are practicing social distancing. If visiting a health facility, a care home for the elderly, a quarantine zone, animal markets and/or a farm, enquire about the hygiene measures that are in place. If in any doubt, do not visit
- Avoid close contact (at least 2 metre distance) with anybody showing symptoms of respiratory illness, such as coughing and sneezing
- Always cover your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing (into the bended elbow).
- Consider your mode of transportation to and from the assignment. Avoid travelling on public transportation at rush hour and make sure to use alcohol gel on hands when disembarking and the use of a full face visor. (The CDC recommends the use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers with greater than 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol.) If travelling in your own vehicle, be aware that anyone infected in the vehicle, can pass it onto the others in the vehicle.
- Be conscious of maintaining a ‘safe’ distance (2 metres +) when interacting with anyone showing symptoms, the elderly, those with health conditions, anyone close to individuals who are symptomatic, health-care workers treating COVID-19 patients, or workers in high risk locations.
- Participants should wash their clothes at a high temperature with detergent after returning from high risk areas.
- If you are operating at any location where COVID-19 could be present, always decontaminate all equipment with fast acting antimicrobial wipes such as Meliseptol, followed by thorough disinfection.
- Ensure all equipment is decontaminated again when returning to your office / home location, ensuring that those responsible for the equipment are made fully aware in advance – also consider other potential transfer items such as money.
- Always ensure your hands are washed thoroughly with hot water and soap / hand santiser before, during, and after leaving an affected area (20 second process).
- If you develop symptoms, especially fever or shortness of breath, consider how you will seek medical treatment.
- SEPAR recommends self-quarantine to prevent the infection of others if any type of symptoms are identified.
Weapons, Kidnap & Ransom, IED's & UXO Threats, Psycho Social
Digital Security, Vehicle Safety & Security, Counter Surveillance
- Standard Ticket$1,200$1,2000$0